I do have the about me section on this site and here is adding on to it. Random bits and pieces that somewhat define me 🙂
- I prefer things very ordered and structured , that applies to my work and home both. It is very unlikely that you will encounter with any mess/disorder of stuff in my home even if you land up on a weekday at 6pm !
- Changes and me don’t get along well , yes I have 2 posts dedicated to this very fact.
- There are 2 things I wish I could change about myself .. the absolutely curly hair and my super short height.. sigh.
- I have always been very good at academics , competitive and excelling .
- I wish I could go back and study again .. this is something more in my hands to decide and act upon but procrastination rules..
- I might sound ambitiously dead , but since the last couple of years or so .. I am the least expectant of what I achieve at my job as long as I am honest at my work. May be an indication to move out , or not ?
- My day starts at 6am and ends by 9pm .. yes we are the age old “early to bed early to rise ” family !
- Bollywood music is chicken soup for my soul in any mood , especially the oldies.
- Talking of Bollywood .. I was an eternal fan of SRK .. until I watched Ra.One and then Happy New Year. Trust me , I was in depression for few hours thinking of who I was all gaga over since my teens 😦 😦
- Food and cooking have never fascinated me , in fact I used to crib over the fact that we had to eat 3 times a day ! But now with D in picture priorities and fascinations have clearly changed 😀
- Temper has clearly been the trait I have been trying to ease down on for many years. Especially with just the 3 of us in this firang land ..it is absolutely necessary for peace in the household !
- Some of my most adored pastimes – snuggling up with any of the Harry Potter books , masala chai with someone to chat with .. watching the rains from the window , answering D’s non stop questions until the point I have to beg her to stop , coffee anytime with friends even 11pm .. and so on..
- I take very little time to get ready , be it work for any function. Usually it is only the kajal and liner that are my regulars may be with a touch of gloss and some compact for special occasions. And ofcourse if it is a wedding or anything like that , I have to straighten my hair 😀
- I hate wearing jewelry , gold or pearl or fake ..anything. It is just not comfortable for me to carry it off.
- I can’t start my day without a steaming cup for ginger tea or masala tea .. I need it within 15 min of waking up so that the day is off to a smooth start ! And yes coffee does not have the same magic as tea in the mornings.
- If you have watched the movie Jab Tak Hai Jaan I am somewhat like Katrina’s character .. definitely not to the extent they show in the movie. But I believe in the give and take with God . If I have a special request it comes with a cost of me giving up something special for a while or forever 🙂
Hmm , can’t think of anymore now .May be I will append to the list in another post soon !
Continuing from the previous post here .
So life was as miserable as it could be , or rather as I made it to be. Days were the same mundane routine and I did not realize how time sped by as we completed 2, 3 and almost 4 months in Sydney. The weather started changing with spring in full bloom ..longer and sunnier days . Hubby was much more comfortable driving around and so we ventured quite a bit for sight seeing . That is when I discovered the amazing parks and green space in this country. D just loved it and watching her so happy when outdoors made us so very happy too. We made a few but good friends , folks that we got to know only in the last few months and yet connected so well. I will cover few of those friends in another post . Meanwhile I was dealing with the change in a different way now coz I had realized that me being sulky reflected on D and hubby as well. Despite all my apprehensions about the change , we were here for some time and I wanted to make the best of it. Some of my friends (not in Sydney) were very helpful , those that had dealt with similar relocations and those that knew how difficult this was going to be for me. Their emails and messages kept me going !
Come summer and it was a entirely different place , sunlight till 8pm and loads of outdoors! We started inviting close friends for lunches and dinners and visited them also . Moved into a bigger place , did a road trip in the Dec vacations with D and loved it. At work too , things settled down for me ..It was not the dream role I wanted but it came with the flexibility that I could not trade for anything . I also discovered another comfort soup to calm down by homesick self 🙂 Indian soaps. Yes I do watch about a couple of them adhoc and I love them despite the logic (or lack of it !)
Adapting to change is still a learning process for me , even now I have days where I feel very low and miss Bangalore and my folks very much. But those days are much less frequent . Hubby and I have seen each other so lonely and desperate for family in the last one year that it has brought us lot closer and are totally a team now. Work, cooking , daily chores , outdoors – we try and do as much as we can and have fun. Ofcourse it is hectic and tiring , but that is a better way to deal with change than being lonely and sulking , isn’t it 🙂
So, this is my very first post and here is short version of about me. As the name of the blog suggests I am definitely a mama 🙂
A mama to a 3 and half year old who is my life and with whom everyday is a blessing to look forward to . An Indian by heart, mind and soul , I live and work at Sydney with the hubby and my daughter who shall be henceforth referred to as D in the blog. It has been years since I have been addicted to some blogs , mostly related to motherhood and those with strong feminist messages. Oh yes, I should probably add , feminism comes naturally and very strongly to me and I would certainly love to contribute my bit to making the world a better and more equal place for women. So here is me , saying a warm Hiii to all my readers , and eager to share my life in bits and pieces . My life , my dreams , D and much more..
Happy reading everyone and I would love to see comments and suggestions coming in to better this space .